Michael A. Evans, RPh, FASHP
Michael Evans is the Vice President/Chief Pharmacy Officer for Geisinger.
As Chief Pharmacy Officer, he is responsible for overall strategy development, administrative oversight, and leadership for Enterprise Pharmacy at Geisinger. He and his pharmacy leadership team members have successfully built a robust network of pharmacy programs for Geisinger’s integrated delivery system. The programs consist of Acute and Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacy Programs, Retail/Mail Order/Specialty Pharmacies, Geisinger Health Plan Pharmacy, Infusion, Formulary, Informatics, and Center for Pharmacy Innovation and Outcomes. Our pharmacist collaborative practice model for acute and chronic disease management has Geisinger on the forefront of multidisciplinary patient care. The Medication Therapy Disease Management(MTDM) program was named the recipient of the ASHP Award of Excellence for 2016 and a finalist in Medication Safety for chronic pain management. Geisinger is an integrated health services organization which is widely recognized and has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service.
Evans received both the 2015 Next-Generation Health-System Pharmacist Award and the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist Award
Evans received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Millersville University and degree in pharmacy from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Sciences, Philadelphia, PA.
- Jones LK, Greskovic G, Grassi DM, Graham J, Sun H, Gionfriddo MR, Murray MF, Manickam K, Nathanson DC, Wright EA, Evans MA. Medication therapy disease management: Geisinger’s approach to population health management. AJHP. 2017;74(18):1422-1435. Full Text
- Farah WH, Alsawas M, Mainou M, Alahdab F, Farah MH, Ahmed AT, Mohamed EA, Almasri J, Gionfriddo MR, Castaneda-Guarderas A, Mohammed K, Wang Z, Asi N, Sawchuk CN, Williams MD, Prokop LJ, Murad MH, LeBlanc A. (2016, Dec). Non-pharmacological treatment of depression: a systematic review and evidence map. Evid Based rel="noopener noreferrer" Med, 21(6):214-221. Full Text
- Huang RC, Song XT, Wu J, Huang W, Leppin AL, Gionfriddo MR, Liu YX, Boehmer KR, Ting HH, Montori VM. (2016, Nov). Assessing the feasibility and quality of shared decision making in China: evaluating a clinical encounter intervention for Chinese rel="noopener noreferrer" patients. Patient Prefer Adherence, 10:2341-2350. Full Text
- Graham J, Sanchez RJ, Saseen J, Mallya UG, Panaccio MP, Evans MA. (2016). Clinical and economic consequences of statin intolerance in the United States: results from an integrated rel="noopener noreferrer" health system. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. [ePub ahead of print] Full Text
- Chang AR, Evans M, Yule C, Bohn L, Young A, Lewis M, Graboski E, Gerdy B, Ehmann W, Brady J, Lawrence L, Antunes N, Green J, Snyder S, Kirchner HL, Grams M, Perkins R. (2016, Nov). Using pharmacists to improve risk stratification rel="noopener noreferrer" and management of stage 3A chronic kidney disease: a feasibility study. BMC Nephrology, 17(168). Full Text
- Deitelzweig S, Evans M, Hillson E, Trocio J, Bruno A, Tan W, Lingohr-Smith M, Singh P, Lin J . (2016, Jan). Warfarin time in therapeutic range and its impact on rel="noopener noreferrer" healthcare resource utilization and costs among patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Curr Med Res Opin , 32(1), 87-94. Full Text
- Nordstrom BL, Evans MA, Murphy BR, Nutescu EA, Schein JR, Bookhart BK. (2015, March). Risk of rel="noopener noreferrer" recurrent venous thromboembolisum among deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism patients treated with warfarin . Curr Med Res Opin , 31(3), 439-447. Full Text
Registered Pharmacist, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, 1996