Tullika Garg, MD, MPH
I am a urologic oncologist and health services researcher in the Department of Urology at Geisinger. My clinical practice focuses on diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship in bladder cancer. My research leverages electronic health record and qualitative data to better understand how aging, multiple chronic conditions, and cancer impact decision-making at the patient, caregiver, provider, and health system levels.
- Pham KN, Schwartz IW, Garg T, Langenstroer P, Guralnick ML, See WA, O’Connor RC.. (2014, Feb). Immediate total parenteral nutrition after radical cystectomy and urinary diversion. Wisconsin Medical Journal , 113(1), 20-23. Full Text
- Garg T, Pinheiro LC, Atoria CL, Donat SM, Weissman JS, Herr HW, Elkin EB. (2014, Oct). Gender disparities in hematuria evaluation before bladder cancer diagnosis: a population-based analysis. J Urol , 192(4), 1072-7. Full Text
- Garg T, Chen LY, Kim PH, Zhao PT, Herr HW, Donat SM. (2014 June). Preoperative serum albumin is associated with mortality and complications after radical cystectomy. BJU Int , 113(6), 918-923. Full Text
- Garg T, Bazzi WM, Silberstein JL, Abu-Rustum N, Leitao MM, Laudone VP. (2013, Sep). Improving safety in robotic surgery: Intraoperative Crisis Checklist. J Surg Oncol , 108(3), 139-40.
- Eisa W, Kheyfets S, Walton J, Zhu S, Garg T. Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the prostate. Urology Case Reports, vol5, 25-26, March 2016.
- Garg T, McMullen CK. It is time for a patient-centered approach to non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in elders with multiple chronic conditions. Urol Oncol, vol 34, 427-429, October 2016.
- Shivakumar M, Lee Y, Bang L, Garg T, Sohn K, Kim D. Identification of epigenetic interactions between miRNA and DNA methylation associated with gene expression as potential prognostic markers in bladder cancer. BMC Medical Genomics. Accepted for publication.
- Higgins A, Garg T. Aerococcus urinae: an emerging cause of urinary tract infection in older adults with multimorbidity and urologic cancer. Urology Case Reports. Accepted for publication.
MD, Baylor College of Medicine, 2001-2005
Urology residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2005-2010
Urologic oncology fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 2010-2013
MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, 2010-2012