One degree. Many paths to success.
Earn your Master of Biomedical Sciences degree in 1 year — online or in person.
Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program
Geisinger College of Health Sciences educates aspiring physicians, scientists and healthcare team members to serve society using a community-based, patient-centered, interprofessional and evidence-based model of education that is committed to inclusion, promotes discovery and uses innovative techniques.
Here, you’ll learn in an environment created specifically to address the medical and scientific realities of the 21st century. Geisinger is a pioneer in technologies and techniques ranging from fully integrated electronic health records and care delivered by multidisciplinary teams to bioinformatics and an unparalleled genomics program. The College of Health Sciences embraces these advances while meshing them with the age-old philosophy of biomedical science: care and concern for community. Our curriculum encourages you to take a person-centered approach to problem-solving, and you’ll be inspired to meet change with confidence and an open mind. These qualities, coupled with superior communication skills fostered in innumerable small groups and professional interactions, will serve you well in any career in medicine or science.
Whether you’re seeking to position yourself for further graduate study, attend professional school (such as medical, dental or optometry), enter a health-related field or advance in your organization, Geisinger College of Health Sciences’ Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program prepares you to succeed.
Why earn your MBS at Geisinger?
- MD Program interview: If you meet established criteria, as an MBS student or graduate of the program, you will be guaranteed an interview for the MD program if you wish to pursue a career in medicine.
- Academic rigor: Geisinger College of Health Sciences emphasizes excellence. Our curriculum is rigorous, intensive, comprehensive and recognized, which means education institutions and employers know a degree from us means an exceptionally qualified candidate.
- Personal attention: You’ll learn in an intimate, close-knit environment. Personalized advising helps you make the best academic and professional choices. A host of personal, academic and referral services will enhance your interpersonal and educational experiences.
- Student-centered schedules: At our Scranton Campus, you attend classes full-time and complete the degree in less than 12 months. Classes are also available online in both a full-time and part-time format.
- Enhanced credentials: Highly qualified educators and research scholars will guide you through the MBS curriculum, which closely models courses typically found in the first year of medical school.
- Career focus: In the professional development course, you’ll craft your personal statement and curriculum vitae, practice interviewing skills and gain insight about your career options from a variety of health professionals.
- Standardized test prep: The Professional School Application Enhancement (Princeton Review) MCAT, DAT or GRE prep course will prepare you for professional school. These comprehensive courses are offered at no additional charge. If you achieve a benchmark score in the MCAT or other standardized exam, you may elect to opt out of the Princeton Review and take an additional elective course.