Geisinger Research offers paid and unpaid (for-credit) internships to qualified students pursuing biomedical, behavioral or social science health-related disciplines.
In preparation for either a professional career or further academic studies, Geisinger's research internships provide opportunities to contribute to specific clinical, translational or basic science investigations, hone critical thinking skills, network and explore career choices and specialties. Internships are offered in areas such as obesity, biobanking, biostatistics, epidemiology, genomics and many others.
Geisinger Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Program
The Geisinger Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) provides an exceptional opportunity for undergraduate students to conduct research under the mentorship of our nationally and internationally recognized scientists. This program is designed for undergraduates with a strong background in the sciences who are considering a career in biomedical research. Participants experience the joy of scientific discovery as well as the challenges inherent in scientific research while developing skills in scientific reasoning, research methods and scientific communication through interaction with our research staff.
Internships are available in the following areas:
Program eligibility and features:
Students entering their undergraduate Sophomore, Junior and Senior years are eligible to apply.
- Pharmacy students in their first two professional years are encouraged to apply.
- Paid program $11.50/hr., 40 hours per week, Tuesday, May 28, 2024 – Friday, August 2, 2024
- To the degree possible, students are matched with research programs according to their stated interest and work on projects under the direct supervision of our staff and faculty.
- Students are selected from diverse academic backgrounds.
- Students are responsible for their housing accommodations and transportation for any in-person internships.
- Geisinger does not sponsor OPT for this short-duration summer internship.
- Geisinger does not participate in e-verify
Interested students should send the application form and all required materials in one complete packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of reference are an exception to application packet and can be emailed directly to email@example.com from references.
Applications will be accepted through January 15, 2024.
(Note: Late submissions/materials will not be accepted.)