Geisinger's Dermatology Residency seeks to train capable, confident clinical dermatologists who will easily transition to general practice, fellowship, or academic practice. With 20 on-site teaching staff, including five Mohs surgeons, and eight dermatopathologists, our residents benefit from the ability to work with an array of subspecialists across the spectrum of dermatology. Our staff is committed to teaching residents and fellows to be the leaders of tomorrow.
While we encourage clinical research, our focus remains on resident education and providing exceptional care for patients. We strongly believe in continuity of care, and our residents spend an average of three days a week in continuity clinic throughout each year. Our system is large enough that you will care for patients with a wide variety of pathology, including both common and uncommon dermatologic conditions.
Geisinger Medical Center is unique, serving the needs of more than three million people in central Pennsylvania, but located in a small town without the stress of living in a big city. However, we are close enough to New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C., to allow ready weekend access to all the amenities of these major metropolitan areas. Central Pennsylvania offers a four-season climate and numerous outdoor recreational activities, including skiing, hiking, biking, hunting and fishing.
Geisinger Dermatology graduated its first class in 1959, and we have expanded to accept four residents per year. We also have active Dermatopathology and Mohs fellowships on site. Our residents and fellows have diverse backgrounds and clinical interests, and now practice across the country in a variety of settings.
What we offer:
- Work life balance
- Benefits of a modern tertiary hospital in a safe, beautiful rural setting
- Small-town lifestyle with cutting-edge medicine
Benefits of our training program:
- Faculty-run daily didactics
- Continuity clinic
- Ready access to our teaching faculty
- One full day of dedicated academic time each week
- Numerous opportunities to teach students and residents
- Mohs, dermpath, and pediatric subspecialists on site
- Inpatient consultative dermatology
- Opportunities for clinical research
- Opportunities for internal and external electives