A Geisinger Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship gives you the advanced training you need to excel in clinical and academic cardiology.
When you join our Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program, you join one that’s trained leaders in clinical and academic cardiology since 1974. Our fellows join us because they want experience with a wide range of pathologies, to have opportunities for teaching and research — and because our attendings are supportive and committed to each learner’s success.
Come see how our program fosters the next generation of outstanding cardiologists.
- Three-year, ACGME-accredited program, offered at Geisinger Medical Center
- High-volume practice with large breadth and depth of pathology
- Opportunities in a variety of noninvasive and invasive techniques and procedures in inpatient and outpatient settings
- Use of facilities including three cardiac catheterization labs, a dedicated electrophysiology lab and pacemaker clinic and a fully digital echocardiographic lab
- Rotations at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, where you’ll see a different array of disease acuity and pathology
- At least six months of protected time to complete one or more research projects
Nicolas Mead, DO, program director
Geisinger serves more than 1 million people in central and northeast Pennsylvania. We’ve been nationally recognized for innovative practices in quality, delivery models such as ProvenCare® and the use of an award-winning electronic medical record, Epic®. Our physician-led system has approximately 24,000 employees, including nearly 1,700 physicians, 10 hospital campuses, two research centers and a health plan with more than half a million members, all of which boost our hometown economies by $7.1 billion annually.
The main hospital campus, Geisinger Medical Center, is in Danville, a charming, historic riverside town with lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation including kayaking, cross country skiing and cycling. We’re also close to major urban centers. It’s easy to reach New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. We offer the best of both worlds — affordable, relaxing small-town life and access to the excitement and cultural experiences in big cities.