The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center is an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited program. We have three residency positions and participate in the ASHP Resident Matching Program as well as the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). The applicant must submit the following materials via PhORCAS:
- Letter of intent outlining career objectives
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic (school of pharmacy) transcripts
- Three professional recommendations using standard PhORCAS document
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy or successful completion of Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) certification
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania
- Licensure requirements are available at the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy.
- Successful completion of pre-employment requirements of Geisinger
- For residency applicants who will reside in the United States with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) visa during their residency year, the visa expiration must be longer than that of the residency program. Geisinger residencies do not sponsor non-learner visas (e.g., H1B)
- Initial interview
The deadline for application is Jan. 4. The residency begins June 17 and ends June 30. Individual interviews are required and are scheduled by invitation. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.