Give the gift of a medical education to students in need.
Give the gift of a medical education
Scholarship giving helps outstanding students achieve their goal of attending professional school and living a life of service to the community without having to worry about the cost.
Your gift means bright minds can have a medical education at Geisinger College of Health Sciences. It has a profound impact on students — and on their future patients.
You can choose how to designate your scholarship gift:
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Commonwealth Scholarship: Provides funds for immediate use under the direction of the Office of Admissions, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
- Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Endowed Scholarship: Gifts exist in perpetuity. A portion of the interest earned is used for scholarships annually. New gifts and the remaining interest are continually invested to grow the fund.
- Establish a named fund: A gift of $50,000 or more may be used to create a scholarship in your own name, in the name of your family or in honor of someone who has positively influenced your life, such as a faculty member or friend. Geisinger College of Health Sciences will work with you to determine parameters for selecting the student recipient(s). You may choose to create the fund for immediate use or establish a permanent scholarship endowment.
- Add to an existing named fund at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine: Your gift can be used to bolster any of the named scholarships helping Geisinger College of Health Sciences students realize their dreams of a career in caregiving.
- The Myer Alperin Family Medical Endowed Scholarship
- The Michael and Louise Altier Medical Endowed Scholarship
- The AppleSeed Foundation Behavioral Health Scholarship through The Luzerne Foundation
- Benkovic Family Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- The Mark H. DeStefano Annual Scholarship
- The Fidelity Deposit & Discount Bank Endowed Scholarship
- Angela Fricchione Cupple and Michael Cupple Annual Scholarship
- The InterMountain Medical Group Endowed Scholarship
- The John J. and Nancy S. Menapace Annual Scholarship funded by the Sordoni Foundation
- Dr. Gino and Mrs. Jean Cavalieri Mori Annual Scholarship
- Dr. Gino and Mrs. Jean Cavalieri Mori Endowed Scholarship
- Hawk Family Foundation Annual Scholarship
- Louis Mastro Annual Scholarship
- Sheila S. Miller Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation Scholarship
- Sanofi Pasteur Annual Scholarship
- Mr. Andrew and Dr. Susan Sordoni Annual Scholarship
- Daniel Price and Carolyn Warren Price Endowed Scholarship
- Gov. and Mrs. William W. Scranton Endowed Scholarship
- The Jean M. Shields Endowed Scholarship
- The Jennifer Sidari, MD ’13 Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- The Geisinger Commonwealth Alumni Scholarship
- The Geisinger Commonwealth Endowed Scholarship
- The Geisinger Commonwealth Student Scholarship (funded by faculty/staff)
- Jon and Helen Villaume Foundation Annual Scholarship
- The Sarah Wright Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Dean Steven J. Scheinman Endowed Scholarship
- Jean and Gene Stark Arlington Industries Endowed Scholarship
- Taylor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Fund Scholarship through The Luzerne Foundation
- Janet Townsend, MD and Henry Geisinger Endowed Scholarship
- Wayne Memorial Health System Annual Scholarship
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital Auxiliary Fund Scholarship through The Luzerne Foundation
Geisinger employees can make a gift directly from their paycheck. Contact Geisinger Health Foundation at 570-271-6461 or email@example.com to take advantage of this easy option.