Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine oversees medical libraries at Geisinger Medical Center, Geisinger Wyoming Valley, Geisinger Community Medical Center and Geisinger Lewistown Hospital, in addition to the medical library at the School of Medicine. Visit the Geisinger Health Sciences Library webpage for more information.
Geisinger Commonwealth Medical Library
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Medical Library at the Medical Sciences Building in Scranton, Pa., serves GCSOM students, faculty and staff. If you are a member of the public seeking health information, please contact your local public library. Lackawanna County residents can contact the Lackawanna County Library System for assistance.
In support of the school’s mission and shared values, the Geisinger Commonwealth medical library advances education, research, clinical care and community service by critically appraising, selecting and organizing health sciences information and by facilitating access to these resources for faculty, staff, students and community partners. The library supports learners who are able to discover, access, evaluate and use information effectively for academic success, research and life-long learning.
- Located in Geisinger Commonwealth’s Medical Sciences Building, second floor
- 5,000 square feet
- Functional, flexible seating for 85
- Three small-group study rooms with seating for at least 10 people per room
- 14 public-access computer workstations and 14 laptop docking stations with plug-and-play capabilities
- Information services desk staffed by information professionals 73 hours per week during the academic year
Staffed hours – academic year*
Monday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
* Starting May 28, 2019, the library schedule will be Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The academic year schedule returns on August 5, 2019.