Geisinger Library Services makes it easy for faculty, staff and students to access and use quality health information for patient care, teaching, learning and research. There are two libraries: the School of Medicine Library for the school’s students, faculty and staff, and the Health Sciences Library for employees and learners working and training in the system. Each library provides content, tools and services to meet the unique information needs of the user community. If you are a member of the public seeking health information, please contact Geisinger’s Community Health Library.
School of Medicine Library
The School of Medicine Library supports the information, education and research needs of the students, faculty and staff of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Informationists work closely with individuals, groups and classes to ensure they have the information needed to accomplish teaching, learning, research and clinical care. Services include:
- Consultations to develop research strategies and review knowledge management tools
- Providing technical support on mobile apps and citation managers
- Locating statistics, data, literature and other information
- Delivering instruction on finding and evaluating information for self-directed learning or for completing specific course activities
- Identifying journals for publishing
- Providing reports to demonstrate publication impact
- Answering questions about copyright, open access and other areas related to scholarly communication
- Assisting faculty with identifying and incorporating information resources into academic courses
Faculty, staff and students: To request service, schedule a consultation and access the library’s collection, click here.
School of Medicine Library facility
- Located in Geisinger Commonwealth’s Medical Sciences Building, second floor
- 5,000 square feet
- Functional, flexible seating for 90
- Some carrels outfitted with public-access computer workstations or monitors with connections for laptops
- Amenities include headphones, earplugs, happy lights and puzzles
School of Medicine Library hours
The School of Medicine Library is open to current Geisinger Commonwealth students, faculty and staff 24/7. Badge access is required after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
Geisinger staff and residents may visit the School of Medicine Library by presenting their Geisinger badge at the security desk. For more information, email email@example.com.
Staff are available at the library’s information desk to provide assistance on site. For the current information desk schedule, click here.