Welcome to the Vascular Neurology Fellowship Program at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center. We offer a comprehensive, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited, one-year fellowship in vascular neurology. We are Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center with a large referral base.
Our primary aim is primarily to train competent and professional vascular neurologists. The fellow will practice in a multidisciplinary environment with broad clinical exposure spanning different aspects of stroke care. In our program, we strive for excellence and boast a variety of opportunities while valuing wellness and balance.
Our program highlights:
- Diverse patient population allowing exposure to common and uncommon conditions
- Potential opportunity for the Neurology Endovascular Fellowship in collaboration with Neurosurgery Department
- The program is well structured while being adaptable to the career trajectory of fellows with dedicated time carved into the fellowship for research and electives
- Opportunity to attend the annual International Stroke Conference or the Wake Forest Neurovascular Ultrasound Course fully sponsored by the program
- Mentorship program
- Focus on fellow work-life balance with no overnight call
- We sponsor both H1B and J1 visas
- Moonlighting opportunity upon approval by program director and designated institutional official (DIO)
- Generous continuing medical education (CME) and vacation
- Catchment area of nearly 3 million people in 48 counties
- Wellness initiatives
- Exceptional fellows have the potential to join as faculty after the fellowship
Thank you for taking the opportunity to learn about our program. We have an open position for July 1, 2021. Please contact me directly for this position.