Diagnostic Radiology Residency
You have the power to change patients’ lives. A radiology residency with Geisinger will show you how.
There’s a reason why medical students like you choose Geisinger’s Diagnostic Radiology Residency. It was founded in 1952 and has a decades-long record of producing expert radiologists who are ready to meet the challenges of radiology practice.
See why so many radiology residents thrive in this program and return as attendings following their fellowship training.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program with 24 residents
- High volume practice with large breadth and depth of pathology
- Main campus includes: Geisinger Medical Center, a Level 1 Regional Trauma Center with liver, kidney and bone marrow transplant services; Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital
- Reading lists include all of Geisinger, with multiple hospitals and numerous outpatient centers and urgent care facilities
- Electronic medical record system (Epic) integrated with picture archive and communication systems (PACS)
- Recently upgraded MRI, dual energy CT, and SPECT/CT scanners, installed 2019-2020
- Obstetric sonography for first, second and third trimester performed in the Radiology Department
- 3D post-processing and printing lab — one of the largest in the country
- New state-of-the-art interventional radiology suites
- Dedicated resident education conference (REC) room, with equipment upgraded in 2020
- Weis Center for Research and Henry Hood Center for Health Research provide abundant research opportunities
- Major center for genomic research
- ACGME duty hours strictly enforced
- 30 minutes of protected wellness time following noon conference
- Dedicated social chair to plan resident events — recent examples include mini golf, drive-in movie night, river rafting, paintball, ice skating and axe throwing