Investigator-Initiated Research OperationsThe Investigator-Initiated Research Operations (IIRO) office primarily provides project management and research assistant support services for Geisinger investigators (e.g., research faculty, clinicians, fellows, residents, students) who are developing a research project. Researchers are not required to consult with IIRO, but our staff is eager to provide help to those who seek it.
ServicesProject Management/Research Assistant Services:
• Offer Good Clinical Practice-trained project managers, project coordinators and research assistants as staff support on research studies.
• Provide investigators assistance in study startup activities and implementation.
• Develop recruitment strategies for investigator-initiated research.
• Assist with applications for internal or external grant funding, as well as proposals for external industry funding.
• Offer protocol development assistance and review.
• Manage investigator-initiated studies from start to finish, including Institutional Review Board application and regulatory document management, data dictionary preparation and facilitation with data pulls, recruitment tracking, budget development and financial management, research staff training and communications, and study quality assurance reviews.
• Provide assistance with manuscript/abstract drafting and submission.
• Facilitate coordination with other research cores as needed.
Content from General Links with modal content