Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program
Whether you’re seeking to position yourself for further graduate study, attend professional school (such as medical, dental or optometry), enter a health-related field or advance your career, the Geisinger College of Health Sciences Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program prepares you to succeed.
Our curriculum encourages students to take a person-centered approach to problem-solving. And we inspire our learners to meet changes with confidence and an open mind. These qualities, coupled with superior communication skills fostered in small groups and professional interactions, will serve you well in any career in medicine or science.
- Each student receives personalized advising to help them make the best academic and professional choices.
- Our curriculum closely models courses found in the first year of medical school.
- Students can explore possible research opportunities within our system.
- Our professional development courses help craft your personal statement and curriculum vitae, practice interviewing skills and gain insight about career options from a variety of health professionals.
- If you’re interested in professional school, coursework is aimed at this preparation through the Professional School Application Enhancement (Princeton Review) MCAT prep course. Participants may also choose to study for the DAT or GRE.
- Based on meeting established criteria, MBS students and graduates of the program will be guaranteed an interview for the MD program if they wish to pursue a career in medicine.
Our MBS program is offered on campus and online: