Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program
Whether you are seeking to position yourself for further graduate study, attend professional school (such as medical, dental or optometry), gain entry into a health-related field or advance within your organization, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program prepares you to succeed.
Our curriculum encourages students to take a person-centered approach to problem-solving and we inspire our learners to meet changes with confidence and an open mind. These qualities, coupled with superior communication skills fostered in small groups and professional interactions, will serve you well in any career in medicine or science.
Highlights of the program:
- Each student receives personalized advising to assist in making the best academic and professional choices.
- Our intensive biomedical curriculum includes elective courses that allow a student to choose a personal path to success.
- Our curriculum closely models courses found in the first year of medical school.
- Students can explore possible research opportunities within our system or with an education partner.
- Our professional development courses help craft your personal statement and curriculum vitae (CV), practice interviewing skills and gain insight from a variety of health professionals regarding your career options.
- If you are interested in professional school, coursework is aimed at this preparation through the Professional School Application Enhancement (Princeton Review) MCAT prep course, or participants may choose to study for the DAT or GRE.
- Based on meeting established criteria, current MBS students and graduates of the program will be guaranteed an interview for the MD program, if they wish to pursue a career in medicine.
Our MBS program is offered in two locations* and online:
- MBS-Scranton (MBS-S): Medical Sciences Building in Scranton, PA.
MBS-S students attend classes full-time and complete the degree in approximately 8 – 10 months.
- MBS-Doylestown (MBS-D): Baruch S. Blumberg Institute at the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center of Bucks County in Doylestown, PA. MBS-D students earn their degrees in as few as 16 months through a flexible-format program, attending evening classes and one Saturday class per month.
- MBS-Online (MBS-O): MBS-O students complete the program fully online, full-time or part-time.
* Please note: We are currently offering our MBS program fully online until further notice.