Students seeking admission to Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s MD program must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. or Canadian accredited undergraduate college or university (must be completed before enrollment in MD program).
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be able to certify and comply with Geisinger Commonwealth’s technical standards with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Have MCAT scores no more than three years old at time of application.
- Have completed the following coursework*:
- General biology with laboratory (one year/two semesters)
- General inorganic chemistry with laboratory (one year/two semesters)
- Organic chemistry with laboratory (one year/two semesters)
- General physics with laboratory (one year/two semesters)
- English and English composition (one semester)
*AP Credits can be applied toward these requirements.
*Online coursework will not be accepted.
- Consent to the school’s enrollment requirements for accepted students prior to matriculation.
- Have submitted to and satisfactorily completed required background checks.
- Geisinger Commonwealth will not accept transfer applications.