Geisinger Medical Center’s Neurology Residency was founded in 2012, and offers an integrated approach to teaching the physicians of tomorrow. The neuroscience institute is comprised of more than 36 adult and eight pediatric neurologists, 16 neurosurgeons, five neuropsychologists, and four neuro-endovascular physicians. Residents benefit from innovative healthcare delivery through a multidisciplinary team of specialists at three clinical campuses. Training at Geisinger Medical Center will give participants a level of personalized attention and clinical experience not available elsewhere.
Our mission is to train competent future neurologists, emphasizing qualities such as team work & collaboration, honesty & integrity, empathy & compassion, professionalism & reliability, and advanced communication skills while promoting academic inquisitiveness.
Highlights of Geisinger's Neurology Residency
- High quality dedicated core-teaching faculty
- Resident and faculty assigned mentors
- Structured block didactic curriculum
- Three-week block of bootcamp (intensive neuroanatomy and neuroscience)
- Night float system with in house teaching attending
- Catchment area of nearly three million people in 48 counties
- Individualized resident attention and rotation building for personal growth and success
- International neurology electives
- Competitive pay scale, medical education funds, and generous vacation time
- Excellent quality of life
- Annual resident retreat