Skip to main content

College of
Health Sciences

GI Bill® Educational Benefits

Want to use your GI Bill®  benefits and military tuition assistance at Geisinger College of Health Sciences? Here’s how:

To apply for GI Bill® educational benefits, Chapter 30, Chapter 33, Chapter 35, and Chapters 1606, Veterans Affairs requires a completed VA FORM 22-1990. For Chapter 31, complete VA FORM 28-1905.

Apply for the GI Bill® and related benefits

Need assistance?

Contact the VA certifying official, Edward Lahart, at

You will also need to submit a VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class. Geisinger College currently follows the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 as outlined below:

On Dec. 31, 2018, the president signed into law the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018. It contains a provision (Section 103) that takes effect on Aug. 1, 2019, and potentially impacts your institution’s tuition and fee policies.

Beginning Aug. 1, 2019, for any student using Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® or Ch. 31 Voc-Rehab benefits, even if the VA has not yet paid tuition and fees, no institution (public, private, for profit, not for profit), can have a policy in effect that:

  • Prevents enrolling
  • Assesses a late penalty fee
  • Requires securing alternative or additional funding, or
  • Denies access to any school resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) that are available to other students that have paid

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at

Content from General Links with modal content