Join the accomplished roster of physicians who’ve graduated from Geisinger’s Gastroenterology Fellowship — a proven program that gives you hands-on experience starting day one.
When you join Geisinger’s gastroenterology fellowship program, your hands-on training starts on your first day. And thanks to a curriculum that’s tailored to your interests, you’ll graduate ready to excel with any practice you choose.
Our three-year, ACGME-accredited program has been in place for more than 20 years but remains a dynamic program – improving with input from our fellows and advancing GI techniques. Most recently, in response to our fellows’ request, we now also offer electives in pediatric GI, global health, motility, intensive IBD outpatient, GI radiology and colorectal surgery. If you want more experience in a specific area, we can make it happen.
You’ll work with a team of exceptional general gastroenterologists who specialize in everything from IBD to motility. The team consists of advanced endoscopists, transplant hepatologists, bariatricians and nutrition support specialists. Our program uses a multidisciplinary approach, so you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with specialized pharmacists, nurse coordinators and dietitians.
- Performed about 1,500 procedures, from general to advanced
- Gained outpatient and inpatient clinical training to thrive in a variety of practices from private practice to community hospitals to academic institutions
- Been exposed to advanced endoscopic procedures, liver transplantation, complex IBD, advanced motility management, post- bariatric surgery complications and nutrition support
Our gastroenterology fellows are also trained in all major diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures, including:
- Exposure to advanced endoscopic procedures, including endoscopic ultrasound, ERCP, axios placement, endosuture, TIF, Stretta, Esoflip, pneumoatic dilation, direct myotomy for Zenker’s, POEM, G-POEM, single balloon enteroscopy and luminal stent placement
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- BOTOX® injections
- PEG placement
- Barrett’s ablation and band endoscopic mucosal resection
- Anorectal and esophageal manometry
- Hemorrhoid banding and hemorrhoid energy treatment (HET)
- Standard 24-hour pH impedance and Bravo pH testing
- Hydrogen breath testing
- Capsule endoscopy
Another reason to join Geisinger GI Fellowship program? Our people. You’ll have an entire team working together to support you, from attending physicians, mid-levels, administrative staff, nurses, pharmacists and dietitians. We pride ourselves on choosing team members who share our commitment to our patients, team and community. If you want to be part of a program that has fostered exceptional talent in the field of gastroenterology for more than two decades — physicians with top-notch skills and boundless intellectual curiosity — you’re a good match for us.
Geisinger serves more than 1 million people in central and northeast Pennsylvania. We’ve been nationally recognized for innovative practices in quality, delivery models such as ProvenCare® and the use of an award-winning electronic medical record, epic®. Our physician-led system has about 24,000 employees, including more than 1,600 physicians, 10 hospital campuses, two research centers and a health plan with more than half a million members, all of which boost our hometown economies by $7.1 billion annually.
Our main hospital campus, Geisinger Medical Center, is in Danville. This charming, historic riverside town has lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation including kayaking, cross country skiing and cycling. We’re also close to major urban centers. It’s easy to reach New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. We offer the best of both worlds — affordable, relaxing small-town life and access to the excitement and cultural experiences in big cities.