Summer Research Immersion Program (SRIP)
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine's (GCSOM) Summer Research Immersion Program (SRIP) is an eight-week program open to current first-year medical students at GCSOM who are in good academic standing. The program provides students the opportunity to gain hands-on research experience in basic science, clinical science, public/community health, behavioral health or medical education under the guidance of a research mentor. Participants are also offered supplemental seminars on study design, institutional review board (IRB) protocol development, scientific writing and other topics within research. The experience includes an educational stipend contingent upon fulfillment of program requirements. SRIP 2021 will run from June 7 - July 30, 2021.
- To provide GCSOM medical students with an in-depth research experience under the guidance of a mentor
- To enhance students’ knowledge of the scope and types of research relevant to improving health in the region, nationally and globally
- To provide research opportunities that span the translational continuum, from laboratory-based biomedical studies to clinical and public-health research conducted with community partners
- To provide opportunities for students to engage in peer learning and networking
- To enhance students’ confidence and skills in oral and written scholarship
Take a look at projects from last year here.
Find more information by clicking the links below, or contact email@example.com.